19 July 2016
Roger Ailes Bio
In light of the recent news regarding Roger Ailes’ latest sexual harassment accusation, here are ten things you need to know about the Fox News CEO.
Roger Ailes Bio
- Roger Ailes originally began as an executive producer for The Michael Douglas Show where he met President Richard Nixon as a guest. From that meeting, President Nixon eventually hired Ailes as a media consultant.
- Roger Ailes had previously worked as an accomplished media and political consultant for George H.W. Bush, Ronald Reagan, and Rudy Giuliani.
- He has served as the CEO of Fox News since October 7, 1996.
- Roger Ailes is married to Elizabeth Tilson, a former television executive. The two have been married since 1998 and also share a son named Zac between them.
- Prior to the recent sexual harassment accusations from Gretchen Carlson and, more recently, Megyn Kelly, Ailes was previously accused of sexual harassment from producer Randi Harrison in the 1980’s.
- He maintained a cordial relationship with his boss, Rupert Murdoch since the founding of Fox News in 1996.
- Ailes had also previously produced a talk show featuring notable radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh.
- Roger Ailes is a hemophiliac following situations involved in his childhood.
- Despite his more conservative leanings, Ailes has maintained cordial relationships with more liberal news personalities such as Jesse Jackson, Chris Cuomo, Rachel Maddox and the Kennedy family.
- He had casually dated Barbara Walters in earlier decades and remained longtime friends.